CMS Soliciting Bids for the First Round of the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is Soliciting Bids for the First Round of the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. Register at http://www.dmecompetitivebid.com/.
- The contract period for mail order diabetic supplies is April 1, 2008 - December 31, 2009.
- The contract period for all other first round product categories is April 1, 2008 - March 31, 2011.
- Suppliers must be accredited or be pending accreditation to submit a bid and will need to be accredited to be awarded a contract.
- The accreditation deadline for the first round of competitive bidding is August 31, 2007.
- Suppliers should apply for accreditation immediately to allow adequate time to process their applications.
- Please note: All bids are due by 9:00 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time on July 13, 2007. For more information on the program as well as bidding and accreditation information, please visit http://www.cignagovernmentservices.com/medicare_dynamic/jc_leaveCIGNA.asp?link=http://www.dmecompetitivebid.com.